Project Title: GI SPORE Pilot Project Program
Sponsoring Department: Oncology
Deadline Date: Friday, August 10, 2018
Guidelines for Applications
PLEASE NOTE: Any proposals that do not include all the requested information or exceed the length limit will be discarded without review.
- Awards will be made for pilot projects to explore a new direction for a program; nurture an especially innovative idea; explore an unconventional but potentially important hypothesis; or test the feasibility of a research protocol.
- Applications will be judged by a review panel composed of senior faculty members of the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center. High priority will be given to project innovativeness and potential clinical impact.
- All Hopkins’ faculty members may apply, whether or not they are members of The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center. However, an investigator may hold only one pilot project award at a time.
- Funds may be used for the salaries of postdoctoral fellows or technicians, for equipment, and for consumable supplies but not for travel, faculty salaries, or other expenses.
- Grants should be converted to .pdf files (Adobe Acrobat) and submitted electronically. Please use the Pilot Projects Registration Center, which can be accessed at http://pilotprojects.onc.jhmi.edu . You will be prompted to upload this application.
- Applications are simple and brief and should be arranged as follows:
- The major question that will be asked e.g., "Will approach X cure pancreatic cancers in experimental mice?”
- Background, including preliminary studies of applicant.
- Experimental Design (Please refer to previous publications of P.I. whenever possible).
- Expected “Deliverables” – For example, a diagnostic test that can be applied to patients; a potential therapeutic agent; an answer to the question posed in section (i).
The total length of sections (i) to (iv) should not exceed two pages, using a font of 12 and 1 inch margins. References are not included in the page limit.
- Progress Report (for renewal applications only) - 1 page maximum
- Current and pending funding for all key personnel - Indicate reasons for applying for Pilot Project if potential overlap exists.
- Biosketch form for all key personnel - you will be prompted to upload these files by the online system
- Note that funded applicants will be asked to provide a one-page progress report at the end of the project in which they provide answers to the questions posed in their application and list deliverables that were obtained.
The total length of the specific aims, background, and experimental design sections below should not exceed two pages. Applications must be written in a font size 12 or greater and margins must be at least 1 inch on all sides. Any applications in which the two page maximum is exceeded will not be reviewed.
For More Information and Questions: