Project Title: Patrick C Walsh Prostate Cancer Research Fund (2017)
Sponsoring Department: Urology
Deadline Date: Monday, July 3, 2017
GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Awards will be for pilot projects to support multi-disciplinary research focused on prostate cancer that aims to develop a new research direction, explore an innovative idea, test an unconventional, but potentially important, new hypothesis, or ascertain the feasibility of a new research approach.
- An emphasis will be placed on funding high risk / high reward research with a high priority given to project innovation and potential for clinical impact.
- Partnership with a Brady Urological Institute faculty member is highly encouraged.
- All faculty of the Johns Hopkins University may apply, whether or not they are members of the James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute or of the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center. However, an investigator may hold only one pilot project award at a time. Fellows are not permitted to be principal investigators.
- A preference will be given to applications submitted by investigators who have not previously received research support through Patrick C. Walsh Prostate Cancer Research Fund.
- Funds (up to $100,000 for one year) may be used for the salaries of postdoctoral fellows or technicians, for equipment, and/or for consumable supplies.
- Grant applications should be submitted electronically.Please use the Pilot Projects Registration Center, which can be accessed at http://pilotprojects.onc.jhmi.edu.
- Applications should be simple and brief and include the following documents in the order indicated below:
- Page 1 of the application proposal should serve as the Title Page while the Specific Aims, Background, and Experimental Design sections should not exceed five pages, using Arial 11 Font, and 1/2" margins
- Application Proposal (all required materials should be merged into one pdf document and uploaded into the application portal)
- Title Page (Project title, PI/Co-PIs, and department affiliations)
- Specific Aims
- Background, including preliminary studies of applicant
- Experimental Design (Please refer to previous publications of P.I. whenever possible).
- References/works cited (pages for this section are not included in the 5 page limit)
- Additional materials (see below for requirements)
- Detailed Budget
- Budget Justification
- Biosketch form for all key personnel (please use the current NIH biosketch format)
- Current and pending funding for PI and co-PI: Carefully indicate reasons for non-overlap if potential overlap exists.
- Applications will be judged by a review panel composed of senior faculty members from several Departments at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Awardees will be expected to provide a 500-word summary of their research plans, understandable to lay people, at the time of funding, and an additional 500-word summary of their research accomplishments, also understandable to lay people, at the completion of funding.Awardees will also be expected to present their progress at an annual scientific session.
- Publications generated as a result of funding support should acknowledge the Patrick C. Walsh Prostate Cancer Research Fund.
For More Information and Questions: